Thursday 12 June 2014

It's a Big Box

Following on from my game of Kings of War at the Friday Night Fire Fight Club last week with Mike I decided to splash out (yes again!) on some Mantic Werewolves.


I had searched the trade stands last week at Broadside for these, but failed to find any. Yesterday I was disappointed to find that Xpress Games in Canterbury have just about given up on their Mantic stock. Well today I was in Rochester, so of course had to pop in Rochester Games and Models. Low and behold they now stock Mantic (as well as Gripping Beast, Warlord Games, GW and many others) and I found a box of werewolves.

It's a large impressive box...


...that contains quite a small bag of werewolves. Oh well, they'll look impressive once they are assembled and painted. But that will have to wait.


The Varghulf and eight more Anglo Dane huscarls are on the painting table. I've nearly finished the base coat of the huscarls and finally decided on a colour scheme for the Varghulf.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, the picture on the box shows the werewolves as rather over-muscled for my taste. Still, I'll be interested to see them once you've painted the models :-) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do a bit. I have a very nice Reaper Miniatures wolf that I use as a Warhammer Doom Wolf. It is also very muscled but looks good. I used this and two normal wolves as proxies for werewolves in my Kings of War game. Once I get the Mantic werewolves assembled, I'll post a pic.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lee, following with much enjoyment here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam! How are those elves coming along?! You must all come over again soon. Lots of new games at Brady HQ!

      Delete